Cornwallis Academy has played an important role in Maidstone’s history since it first opened in 1959, when it was originally named Cornwallis School after Lord Cornwallis, who lived nearby in Linton Manor.
In September 2011, the school became an academy to form part of Future Schools Trust, along with New Line Learning Academy.
As part of the transformation, the former site was demolished and replaced with state-of-the-art buildings, including the most up-to-date technology and facilities.
The renovation gave young people in Maidstone the opportunity to enrol in a non-selective school, which offered an enriching curriculum in an exciting and innovative environment.
Cornwallis Academy has remained at the heart of the local area, with a variety of charitable and community-focused initiatives.