Art and Design
Who are we?
- Mrs E Rees
- Mr B Cullen
- Miss R Dobson
What we do in KS3:
Students record still life, portrait and the environment. They look at the work of different cultures and artists. Students work in paint, print making, sculpture and mixed media.
What we do in KS4:
- GCSE Art and Design: Fine Art - Painting, drawing, print making sculpture
What we do in KS5:
- BTEC Foundation Diploma in Art and Design - A two-year course that explores a range of skills: Painting, drawing, printmaking, photography (digital manipulation and dark room processing), mixed media, scuplture, critical thinking and art history.
- The key areas of assessment for all key stages in Art and Design related subjects are Develop, Record, Refine, Present
- Assessment is in line with national curriculum levels or Exam Board assessment criteria.
- Students are supported in class with regular verbal feedback.
- Students are encouraged to assess their own work in line with levelled criteria
- Written feedback is provided regulary in student folders.
Homework is project based and is set each term for a four-week period. Students are provided with a theme and tasks that encourage students to independently explore a range of ideas and materials.
Skills are gained for the future:
Meeting deadlines, working in a team, problem solving
How to find out more information:
Contact the Head of Art, Mrs Rees (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A-level and AS Results
17 August 2017 10:00
24 August 2017 10:00