We are Cornwallis...
Here at Cornwallis Academy, in Linton, Maidstone, we provide a broad and exciting curriculum to inspire all of our students to achieve academic success.
As well as offering a first-class education in our state-of-the-art building, we teach our students vital life skills to prepare for them the ever-changing world of university or employment.
Cornwallis is proud to be part of the Future Schools Trust family, which includes in New Line Learning Academy, Tiger Primary School, Little Learners Nursery and a thriving Sixth Form. The Trust enables a wide range of opportunities for both students and staff.
We are also delighted to be one of only six Microsoft Showcase Schools in the UK, In 2016, we will host our annual Microsoft Innovative Schools event - involving more than 200 countries.
Below are just some of the attributes Cornwallis Academy is proud to hold:
- Year-on-year academic success with 2015 producing excellent results
- Highly supportive and targeted pastoral care with an attention to detail that ensures students are supported throughout their time at Cornwallis
- A Grammar Stream delivering accelerated learning
- A wide range of opportunities to extend learning outside of the classroom, such as day and residential visits, school shows, successful sports teams and academic extension clubs. International trips have included China, Sorrento, Venice, Rome and Berlin
- State-of-the-art facilities with flexible and exciting learning environments that complement and enhance traditional learning models
- Personalised learning, independent study skills and confident approaches to new challenges set the foundations for success
- Dedicated learning spaces, lockers and toilet facilities for year group, which only they can access
- Visits from political leaders, leading international educators, astronauts and business leaders
- Strong links within the community and with local businesses
- A highly successful Sixth Form with a strong focus on academic and creative courses. In 2015, more students than ever achieving A* to C grades.
Discover more about our innovative and forward-thinking Academy using the tabs to the left.
Notice: Cornwallis Academy is currently consulting on its 2017 Admissions Policy. The proposal is to remove the Fair Banding requirements, which stipulate that all applicants must sit an additional CAT test in the December of their Year 6, before being considered for a place.
All applicants to the Academy will now be considered against the remaining admissions criteria, which are unchanged.
The proposed admissions policy can be view by clicking here.