Nursery Nurse ApprenticeSalary: National Apprenticeship minimum wageLocation: Tiger Day Cubs NurseryExpires: 19/11/2018 12:00:00
Contract Type: Apprenticeship - completing Level Two or Level Three in Childcare qualification
Hours: 30 hours, 5 days per week (40 weeks per year), term time only.
Tiger Cubs Day Nursery are looking for a Nursery Nurse Apprentice, the successful applicant will be a motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to use their own initiative.
The main duties of the role include:
- Ensuring the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment.
- Working in partnership with parents and also fellow colleagues.
- Maintaining child development and observation records.
- Following and implementing all policies and procedures set out by the nursery.
- Ensuring the key person approach is fully instilled in every day practice.
- The successful candidate will train towards either their Level 2 or 3 Childcare qualification. For details of these qualifications please use the following link: https://www.education.gov.uk/eypqd/qualification-search.aspx
Applicants will need to demonstrate some recent experience in a child care setting which can be referenced and able to demonstrate their knowledge of the developmental and learning needs of young children. You will also need to be a positive role-model to colleagues, students and visitors to the nursery.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Applicants must want to pursue a career in childcare
- Strive to be a team player
- Be self-motivated in both their studies and work place
- Show enthusiasm in learning how to create a stimulating, fun, inviting and caring learning environment for young children.
- Motivated and polite with a smart appearance
- Apprenticeship training delivered at your workplace to achieve a nationally recognised certificate
- Competitive apprentice wage
- Career guidance with opportunities for progression
- Access to Kent Rewards
- Term time only contract
As of 1st April 2018, the NMW for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour. This applies to 16 - 18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Please click on the link to view our privacy statement: http://www.futureschoolstrust.com/page/?title=General+Data+Protection+Regulation&pid=35
Only applications submitted by the school application process will be considered, we are unable to accept CVs.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.
Closing date is midday Monday 19 November 2018.