Facilities Maintenance TechnicianSalary: £15,800 - £17,137 per annumLocation: Cornwallis AcademyExpires: 25/06/2019 12:00:00
We are seeking a Facilities Maintenance Technician to support our Senior FMT and ICT and Facilities Manager in looking after the buildings and grounds at Future Schools Trust, You would primarily be based at Cornwallis Academy, but may be required to work at other sites within the Trust. You will be responsible for a wide range of duties including maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school building and grounds.
The role is for 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year.
Responsibilities of the post holder are not limited to, but will include:
- Regular maintenance of the site ensuring it remains clean and accessible at all times.
- Unlocking the premises in advance of the lettings to allow for visitors to access the facility in a timely fashion.
- Keep a log of visitors in and out of the building to ensure compliance with Fire Safety.
- Ensure that visitors are directed to the correct area for their letting and the appropriate equipment is available.
- To be the central point of contact for visitors using the facility, to address their needs and resolve issues as they arise.
- To secure the premises at the end of the lettings sessions, making sure that facility is protected by the alarm systems.
- In conjunction with the Site and Facilities Manager organise external contractors to undertake maintenance work that cannot be carried out in-house.
You will be a responsible individual who takes pride in your day to day work. You will be very pro-active in attending to the needs of the school to ensure everything runs smoothly and be able to provide excellent customer service skills as well as having an awareness of health and safety issues. A good understanding of plumbing, electrical systems and DIY would be desirable.
Any experience of working within a school environment will be of great advantage, as well as a qualification in a trade or Health & Safety but these are not essential requirements.
Only applications submitted by the school application process will be considered, we are unable to accept CVs.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.