Teacher of ScienceSalary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay ScaleLocation: Cornwallis AcademyExpires: 08/11/2019 12:00:00
Vacancy Title: Teacher of Science
Location: Cornwallis Academy
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale
Closing Date: Monday 4th November
Interview Date: Week Beginning Monday 4th November
Start Date: January 2020 or earlier if possible
As a result of Cornwallis Academy’s increasing popularity and excellent reputation in the local community, we are looking to appoint a highly driven and aspirational teacher of Science. The candidate should show a real passion for the subject and will be able to inspire students. Our highly successful Science Department has delivered school record breaking results for the past 3 years in a row and were awarded the Kent Science Department of the year award 2018/19. Our Science Department consists of a team of skilled and motivated teachers, which makes the post suitable for a colleague at the start of their career. However, more experience colleagues seeking an opportunity to further their career should be interested as there may be additional responsibilities for the right candidate.
You will be joining an incredibly well-resourced and popular Department with a relentless focus on raising achievement and good numbers for post-16 courses in Biology, Chemistry and BTEC Applied Science. The person appointed would be managed on a day to day basis by the Director of Science and would be supported by three Key Stage Managers for Science. At present the Department teaches a full suite of Science subjects. At Key Stage 4, Triple Science is taught together with AQA Trilogy combined science.
As well as our state-of-the-art facilities, we have an exciting programme of trips, visits and extra-curricular activities. Cornwallis Academy values positive and professional working relationships and seeks individuals who will support this ethos. We are very excited about the future of Science in our School and we are ready to invest in the right people to ensure its success.
The successful candidate will be a creative and inspiring Teacher of Science who will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- The ability to teach Science up to KS4 and the potential for development of KS5 teaching
- Possess recent, relevant teaching experience
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who can inspire students
We will offer you:
- A vibrant and exciting place to work
- A friendly and supportive environment
- An excellent CPD programme, with opportunities for action research and nationally accredited qualifications
- The support of a Trust that currently encompasses two Secondary schools, one Primary school, and one Nursery for children aged 3 months to 4 years
- An incredibly well-resourced department with schemes of work and resources available.
- An opportunity to join various schemes such as the Benenden corporate healthcare scheme
If you would like to take a look around our fantastic facilities and meet the staff that you could be working alongside, please email the Headteacher’s PA, Linda O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.
Please click on the link to view our privacy statement: http://www.futureschoolstrust.com/page/?title=General+Data+Protection+Regulation&pid=35