Teacher of Mathematics plus TLR ResponsibilitySalary: Main Pay Scale / Upper Pay Scale plus TLRLocation: Cornwallis AcademyExpires: 04/11/2019 12:00:00
Vacancy Title: Teacher of Mathematics
Location: Cornwallis Academy
Salary: Main Pay Scale/Upper Pay Scale plus TLR responsibility for the right candidate
Closing Date: Monday 4th November
Start Date: January 2020 or earlier if possible
As a result of Cornwallis Academy’s increasing popularity and excellent reputation in the local community, we are looking to appoint a highly driven and inspirational teacher of Mathematics who would relish the opportunity to become part of our Mathematics Department. Our Mathematics Department consists of a team of skilled and motivated teachers, which makes the post suitable for a colleague at the start of their career. However, more experience colleagues seeking an opportunity to further their career should be interested as there may be additional responsibilities available for the right candidate.
Our Mathematics Department consists of a team of skilled and motivated teachers, and the post offers outstanding opportunities for continuous personal and professional development for an innovative and ambitious teacher looking for career advancement.
You will be joining an incredibly well-resourced Department that has a relentless drive for improvement as we look to build on our success over the last three years at both GCSE and A-Level. This summer, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.13, with 63% pass rate. 38% of our students achieved 5+ in English and Maths and an impressive 66% achieved grade 4+ in Maths, as well as 100% A*-E at A Level.
As well as our state-of-the-art facilities, we have an exciting programme of trips, visits and extra-curricular activities. Cornwallis Academy values positive and professional working relationships and seeks individuals who will support this ethos. We are very excited about the future of Mathematics in our School and we are ready to invest in the right people to ensure its success.
The successful candidate will be a creative and inspiring Teacher of Mathematics who will have:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Have the ability to teach Mathematics up to KS4 as a minimum requirement (we offer A-Level Mathematics and the Level 3 Mathematics in Context specification)
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who can inspire students
- Possess recent, relevant teaching experience
We will offer you:
- A vibrant and exciting place to work
- A friendly and supportive environment
- An excellent CPD programme, with opportunities for action research and nationally accredited qualifications
- The support of a Trust that currently encompasses two Secondary schools, one Primary school, and one Nursery for children aged 3 months to 4 years
- An incredibly well-resourced department with schemes of work and resources available.
- An opportunity to join various schemes such as the Benenden corporate healthcare scheme
If you would like to take a look around our fantastic facilities and meet the staff that you could be working alongside, please email the Headteacher’s PA, Linda O’Connell at email@example.com to arrange a visit.
All posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Future Schools Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All members of staff are expected to share and adhere to this commitment.
Please click on the link to view our privacy statement: http://www.futureschoolstrust.com/page/?title=General+Data+Protection+Regulation&pid=35